The eastern shores, protected by the mainland coast, offer quiet waters for swimming and depths that are rewarding to explore.
The north-east coast is famous for its clear water, the multi-colored pebbles and the steeply shelving beaches.
- Glyfa Beach: A quiet little beach between Barbati and Nissaki. A nice spot to enjoy a quiet swim and a romantic meal overlooking the sea with Corfu Town on the distant horizon.
- Barbati Beach: Barbati is one of the most frequented Corfu beaches, as it is long, sandy and sheltered from the winds. Barbati is a blue flag beach, with water sports and boat hire facilities. Visitors are provided with a large number of restaurants, tavernas and cafes
- Ipsos Beach: Ipsos is a long, blue flag beach of sand and shingle, with clear waters. It is one of the most frequented Corfu beaches, offering water sports facilities and a wide selection of eateries.
- Nissaki Beach: At the foot of Mt. Pantokrator lies Nissaki Beach, a lovely stretch of shingle and pebble that has been awarded the blue flag for its cleanliness. On the beach there are boat hire facilities, while close by are a number of tavernas
- Kaminaki Beach: Kaminaki is a quiet and secluded pebbly beach, with gradually descending waters on the north-eastern side of Corfu.It offers a few facilities, such as water sports, a pier and several tavernas.
- Agni Beach: Agni is a pebbly beach that offers bathers quiet and seclusion. The waters deepen quite abruptly, while the beach can be reached by a winding downhill road. There are a few tavernas in the area.
- Kalami Beach: The sand and shingle beach of Kalami, is the ideal venue for visitors who wish to relax on a quiet beach. Its waters are shallow, making it perfect for families with small children. You can find a few tavernas in the area. It is here that Lawrence Durrell wrote his book “Prospero’s Cell”.
- Kouloura beach: Is a charming circular harbour, still totally unspoiled and tranquil. One taverna can be found here, so it is the perfect place to relax.
- Kerasia beach: Is a long stretch of unspoiled beach with just one beach-side tavern and pedalos to rent. A wonderful, quiet location.
- Agios Stefanos beach: This pebbly beach has wooden piers and boat hire facilities for those who wish to explore the island. Agios Stefanos Beach offers chaise longues, umbrellas and water sports facilities. This pretty harbour village boosts a good range of tavernas and bars.
- Avlaki beach: A wide weeping shingly bay with a pleasant beachside taverna and a dingy sailing school.
- Kassiopi beach: is one of the cosmopolitan Corfu beaches. It is situated beneath Mt. Pantokrator, offering lovely views. In Kassiopi, there are many tavernas, cafés and bars by the beach.