In Glyfa Corfu you could spend all day by the pool, taking in the sea views, or head out in search of some entertaining activity in the surroundings.
The lifestyle here can be as active or relaxed, as you wish!
- WALKING: Take advantage of Corfu’s old footpaths which link the traditional villages and discover the interior of the island which remains almost completely undiscovered. Corfu Trail, is a network of footpaths (stretching approximately 220 km) which runs the length of Corfu island.
- CYCLING: Cycling is a unique way to explore the hidden and unspoiled parts of the Corfiot countryside. Many biking tours are organized throughout the island.
- GOLF: Corfu’s 18-hole course, designed by Donald Harradine, is situated in the Ropa Valley at Ermones, in a breath-taking setting, and is reputed to be amongst Europe’s most beautiful. It offers all the facilities and amenities necessary.
- TENNIS: Tennis was played for the first time in Greece around the end of the 19th century, in Corfu. Apart from the historic Corfu Tennis Club, there are many other tennis courts in the island.
- HORSE-RIDING: Whether you are experienced or not, Corfu’s riding clubs (at various locations around the island) will supply you with the right horse and the proper guide who will show you around the island’s unique countryside.
- SAILING-BOAT RENTAL: In a place famed since ancient times for the maritime skills of its inhabitants, you can find a top-quality yacht marina in Gouvia and a multitude of good moorings in the vicinity of the coast. Boat rental is available in almost every beach in the island.
- DIVING: he beaches and coves, head-lands and endless reefs, constitute a small paradise for lovers of the deep. Organized diving centers are to be found in every part of the island.
- WATER SPORTS: All the main beaches of Corfu are supplied with floating platforms where professional instructors will initiate you into water-skiing,jet-skiing, paragliding or windsurfing.
- SHOPPING: Hand-crafted jewellery, ceramics, wood carvings, wine, sweet preserves, honey, olive oil, green soap, leather, linen, lace, and Koum Kouat (miniature, bittersweet oranges, a speciality of Corfu) are just a few of the many products that you will find in plenty and at reasonable prices.